REVERSING TYPE II DIABETIC RETINOPATHY NATURALLY
Jaime E Dy-Liacco. Trustee, Philippine College for the Advancement in Medicine
1. Ester C with bioflavonoids. Vitamin C makes wounds heal. Take a minimum 2,000 mg with water after every meal, for a total of 6,000 mg a day. Gradually increase up to 4,000 mg after every meal or 12,000 totally for the day. If bowel intolerance results, cut the dosage capsule by capsule until the intolerance disappears. Stay at that dosage. After you get used to it, gradually bring up the dosage again to a minimum 6,000 mg and if possible 12,000 mg daily. The production of collagen, which boosts the strength and integrity of capillary walls, is dependent on Vitamin C and bioflavonoids. A deficiency leads to capillary bleeding and other blood vessel disturbances. Vitamin C prevents capillary bleeding, and makes wounds heal.
2. Raw Garlic. For gangrene, slice a clove of raw garlic in half lengthwise, and tape the sliced side to the wound.
3. Vitamin E and Selenium. Take 400 mg of E and 200 mcg of selenium with water twice a day, after breakfast and after dinner. So totally for the day, itís 800 mg of E and 400 mcg of selenium. The 2 together help to prevent the free-radical damage inflicted on the lining of capillary walls seen in diabetics. High doses also improve the action of insulin.
4. Magnesium. Take 500 mg with water right after breakfast and 500 after dinner, or 1,000 mg totally for the day. Magnesium citrate and chelated magnesium are the most absorbable. Magnesium helps prevent retinopathy and coronary artery spasms, because it makes stiff blood vessels soft and pliable again. Diabetics are deficient in magnesium.
5. Vitamin A or Beta-Carotene. Take 50,000 iu of Vitamin A with water daily, in divided dosages right after meals. If Beta-Carotene is taken instead, take 75,000 iu. Usually one Beta-Carotene soft gel is 25,000 iu, so itís 1 soft gel after every meal.
6. Bilberry Extract. Take 80 mg, standardized @ 25% anthocyanosides, with water after every meal, for a total of 240 mg a day. Bilberry strengthens the collagen structures in the eye, decreases capillary permeability and fragility, increases intracellular Vitamin C levels, improves night vision.
7. Bovine or Shark Cartilage. Take 3,000 mg of bovine cartilage with water half an hour before every meal, totaling 9 gms daily. Shark cartilage may be taken instead, at 1 gm for every 2 lbs. of body weight daily. So if the body weight is 120 lbs, take 60 gms daily which can be in divided dosages before every meal. When capillaries bleed in the eye, new capillaries emerge to replace them, a process called angiogenesis, but these new capillaries block vision. Cartilage prevents the development of new capillaries.
8. Vitamin B6. Take 50 mg with water after every meal, for a total of 150 mg daily. This helps prevent neuropathy.
- Jaime E. Dy-Liacco, 9/24/03
|PROFILE||HOME & HOTEL||ONSITE CHAIR MASSAGE||PRODUCTS||MEMBERS||SITEMAP|
|Member, Spa Association of the Philippines|